Monday 22 June 2009

Story Time - SP victims read with caution!!! (or not at all)

A lot of sleep paralysis stories tell of a sensation of being pinned down or a weight on their chest holding them down. In actual fact they are probably focusing on that part of the paralysis sensation for whatever reason and at the same time not realising that in actual fact they are paralysed from head to toe.

The stories also tell of something holding them down. Is this the minds interpretation in the midst of panic?

An experience I always remember is fighting against something that seemed to have me pinned down tight as I lay on my back. I couldn't break free and I knew something was on top of me in the darkness or in the invisible. So panicked was I that I started to recite the Lords prayer, The 'Our Father' in a bid to banish whatever it was that held me down. It was a rare occasion indeed that made me pray at that time, in my mid twenties. Surprisingly it didn't help. What happened next is possibly the most unexpected and frighteningly defeating turn of events that could happen to someone who was born and raised in a christian faith environment. The thing that held me down continued to do so and as I said the words of the Lords prayer it mimicked me, mockingly! Repeating one line in one ear the next line in the other ear. My praying was NOT going to help me free.

At this point my emotions just turned. Instead of fear and panic I suddenly just got incredibly angry and lost my temper with such a force that as I pushed back and shouted the words 'Oh just **** off will you!' it left, whatever it was just vanished.

I smile at the mimicry of the event, because it was a Trump move. Laughing in the face of God, how could it be immune I thought. But it has crossed my mind recently after learning and blogging about the mindsplit effect, was that thing, in fact a projection of me messing around on its way home? At 24 it was the kind of sick joke I might have played. Whatever it was it hasn't been back.
v5hcieukg8

1 comment:

  1. Its gud that u have passed all that and that u can talk about it,share it and help others with ur experiences and tips-wich could be hard for some peoples. U make people who might have the same experience not feel alone and those who never had this experience will at least understand how it is.I dont have sleeping problem or experience sleep paralys but theres a hero inside us and thats from God,I just glad u have found it.Hope it inspires all of us here:)

    ReplyDelete